Skip to main content

My Experience under the Full Moon!!!

On Sunday the 20th March, 2011, I decided to do a Full Moon ritual. I did a fairly simple one from "Scott Cunningham's", Book of Shadows. Which is from his first book, "Solitary Wicca". It's not too heavy and was just what I needed this particular night. Nothing too complicated or fussy.

Whilst I was outside, inside my circle, I noticed an unusual breeze that was coming from the opposite direction that usual. As we live by the sea, it is usually always a "sea breeze" from the west. This breeze was from the east, and the tree's branches were swaying quite noticeably. I felt a cold shiver come over me. I felt the presence of Hecate, the wise crone. This was after I had been chanting for some time, over and over.

As I had been through quite a few personal problems previously, she communicated to me telepathically, "everything that you are worrying about will come to pass, and it won't be long. Enjoy your life and live it as well as you can. Your body shall be up to the trip you are undertaking".

This was a revelation to me, as I have suffered from ill health for quite some time now and it is also unreliable. I had also been worrying a lot about the wellbeing of a family member. Who is now fine. The fact that Hecate also mentioned that "my body shall be up to the trip I am undertaking", was and/is a huge relief to me! As in a month or so we are planning to go oversea's for a short time and my husband and I have been worried about how my health would cope with the trip.

After hearing, feeling and seeing Hecate in my mind, I now feel so much better. She appeared as a beautiful women who looked only about 60, with long silver white hair, holding a "stang" or a "staff" to others. She had a skull in one hand, and at the end of her willow stang, was a huge round quartz crystal. It was the brightest I have ever seen. Hecate is truly gracious and powerful, but she does not suffer fools gladly. I have found this out when working with her.

When working with Hecate or any of the "Crone Goddesses", one needs to be very particular about what you are doing at the time. I don't mean trivial things like not having the exact incense needed and you have had to use another. But I mean that your concentration, chanting and raising of power, must be at the highest level, to fulfil our obligation's to Hecate. She is wise but truly loving. She has seen it all and understands our mortal suffering more than most. I enjoy working with her energy.

I thanked her for her presence in my circle and thanked her for her wisdom, guidance and caring. She then slowly disappeared, and so did the breeze with her. My candle went out too (for fire) at the same time. Hecate likes to make an entrance and leave a dramatic impression too. She has quite a sense of humour. LOL

I then finished my ritual by having my cake and wine. I then gave thanks to the God and the Goddess, the elements. Which are earth, air, fire, water and of course spirit. I then went round and opened my circle to end this ritual.

As it was such a beautiful night, although it is autumn here in south Australia. I stayed up for quite awhile and sat on an outdoor lounge with a blanket wrapped around me, looking up at "La Luna", the moon, and taking in all her beauty, majesty and energy.

I then decided to go inside and get my camera. I took a few beautiful pictures of the moon against my tree, using my flash. The strange thing though, was when I used the camera on my mobile phone, it looked as if there were "orbs" out there in the same place. I took a couple of black and white photo's as well as the colour one's and they looked unusual too, like orbs again. Very strange I thought? After all the camera took clear photo's and not the phone. My mobile phone is not that old either and usually takes great photos. So I found that very interesting.

I didn't do any spells that night, as I felt happy with life and how things are going now. I don't like to do spells unless there is a desperate need to do so. The Universe does not reward those who ask for things out of "greed", only "need".

I had done a money spell a couple of months previously, when things were quite tough for us. It was quite a basic spell, which I wrote myself, incorporating a green candle, incense, crystals and lots of chanting and raising or power. Within one day it worked! I was stunned. As that very afternoon after I had cast the spell, my husband finally sold one of our major assets. We had been trying to sell it for awhile and along came the right people.

Not only did they buy it, but we have also become good friends. I couldn't have planned it better myself. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. Even the "bad stuff" that we don't like. Trust me too, I know what it's like to suffer as I have had various serious illnesses over the years.

I like to write now and am currently writing a novel, as I can no longer work as a youth worker, due to injuries incurred on the job.

Whilst you are here on my blog, check out the great wiccan/witch books that I recommend. These are books that I mostly own and other's I have borrowed. I can especially recommend "Scott Cunningham's" guide to Solitary Wicca and Living Wicca, are both incredibly informative for the beginner without being patronising. In the first book he shares part of his own Book of Shadows. In the second he encourages even the new wiccan/witch to write their own spells. Which is great! As alot of people that are new to the Craft, copy other's spell's slavishly. I find that often the best spells are the one's that I have created myself. Or are a conglomeration of other's spells and my own idea's too.

The wiccan statues, candles, and jewellery below are lovely too and I will be adding to these regularly. So if you like anything on my page, check it out and maybe treat yourself. Go on, you know you want to!

Blessed Be




Comments

  1. Very well written and appears to.have been a very powerful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, thats kind of you. I'm due to update about Samhain, but you know how it can be sometimes. I've just had a busy week.

    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes I know how it can be. Thank you for your kind words about my writings. I really need to post some more but I've been busy lately so haven't been able to post any. Hope to have some soon. Look forward to reading your next post. I'm not sure how long you have been practicing but if you need help feel free to ask.

    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really opened my eyes ,thanks for letting me see things from another side, I was really surprised, I also liked the writings of Obsidiareth Phoenix (Amanda Laymon) but she is not on this site do you know what site she is on? Have a good day Take care Thanks again for the eye opener

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what happened to Osidiareth Phoenix? As I haven't been online for sometime, which I have explained in the blog above. so Im just trying to look her up now. If u know how I can contact her can u please let me know? Thanks.
    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENTHEOGENS, CONSCIOUSNESS, MAGICK & USES FOR PAIN

**ENTHEOGENS, CONSCIOUSNESS, MAGICK & USES FOR PAIN*** Posted on  May 25, 2015  by  CazWytch *Aussie Witch & Occultist* ***Entheogens, Consciousness and Magick*** I’ve been meaning to write for awhile now about the use of Ethenogens and Magick. Entheogens have been used since the Dawn of time by so many different cultures. Such as the American Indians and their Shamans using peyote and mescaline for their “Vision quests” and Shamanic pathways and so many many other cultures as I shall explain more about below. Other cultures and I mean so many including ours prefer to use marijuana in all her glory to connect to the universal consciousness so that they can truly connect to the Divine Consciousness much easier. Daytura has been used by many cultures as well but sometimes sadly if taken in too high a dose can either cause blindness and sometimes permanently. Daytura can also even cause death in some people which is tragic. These are the types of entheogens to stay clea

HOW INVOKING HEKATE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER

Hello Again,  As you may have guessed from my previous blogs especially as its been quite awhile between blogs its been an incredible year for me in so many ways. Anyway the point is in all that time I've found that Hekate Triformis is a wonderful Goddess to work with in all either with all her three faces and/or her singular forms. I especially love to invoke her in her Chthonic Crone phase as she has taught me that great things can come from truly exploring our "shadow side" as Carl Jung the famous psychoanalyst has always written about.  The first time I truly invoked Hekate within my ritual her power was almost too much for my human body to take. I felt her within me and it was as if my body was glowing and stinging. I started to feel hotter and hotter and started sweating whilst I was channelling her and I could feel her "mind power" within me. My body was really buzzing as if I'd taken something as it takes awhile to get used to her powerful